love-statue

The Daily Pennsylvanian's podcast, The Trillest, is set to air its second season on Feb. 2 with a theme of love and dating to brand the coming episodes. The first season, which launched in October 2018, discussed a variety of topics related to students at Penn, including women in STE(A)M, spirituality on campus,  and social justice.

This season, podcast host and College sophomore Sia-Linda Lebbie decided to switch gears. For the majority of the season, the podcast will serve as a "dating show." Lebbie will be pairing people up, introducing them on the podcast, and letting the audience listen in on their blind date.

At the end of each episode, the pair will decide whether they want to go on a second date.

Lebbie said the entire second season will focus on love, but she chose to begin the season with an episode focusing on sexual and dating abuse. She is looking specifically at the ways relationships are often represented on social media, where the true nature of a relationship isn't always accurately reflected. Lebbie is encouraging people to unfollow abusers on social media platforms.

“It’s a reminder that romance is not always all glitter and gold,” Lebbie said. “This is what could happen, and what we hope does not happen.”

She said if more people started unfollowing perpetrators of sexual abuse and dating abuse, they would eventually realize the consequences of their actions. Lebbie highlighted that support is not only for female victims, as abuse can happen to anyone. “It’s our way of bringing the #MeToo movement down to a personal level,” Lebbie said.

This article was updated at 1:23 p.m. on Jan. 31.