24305305143_dfd99efe70_o

President Donald Trump on the campaign trail in February 2016.

Credit: Ilana Wurman

President Donald Trump is set to be in Philadelphia on Tuesday, Oct. 2 to speak before the National Electric Contractors Association.

The event, which is a part of the annual NECA convention, will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The 1968 Penn alumnus is set to “highlight the Trump Administration’s commitment to workforce development and small business growth during his remarks" to about 10,000 attendees, a White House official said. There are no reports of plans for Trump to visit his alma mater at Penn during his visit.

The NECA publicly endorsed United States Rep. Lou Barletta (R) against current Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey (D). Barletta’s nationally publicized anti-immigration policies while he was mayor of Hazleton, Pa. preceded Trump’s now familiar “Build the Wall” sentiment. 

Former President Barack Obama was in Philadelphia on Sept. 21 to voice his support for Casey and for Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf at the Dell Music Center. It was one stop on Obama's nationwide campaign to support the election of Democrats across the country.

A Facebook event hosted by Refuse Fascism Philly calls for protesters to "give [Trump] the fitting un-welcome that he deserves." More than 1,800 people have indicated themselves as interested in the protest. 

Trump visited the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville, Pa. on Sept. 11 and rallied with Barletta in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. on Aug. 2.