Saint Joseph's University
Saint Joseph's University

Bermuda Police Services announced on March 19 the death of a 19-year-old freshman at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. Mark Dombroski, who was an active member of the university's rugby team, was reported missing by his family over the weekend. 

As reported by CNN, he competed in the Ariel Re Bermuda International 7s Rugby Tournament over the weekend. Dombroski was last seen accompanying friends and family on March 18 at the Dog House, a well-known restaurant and bar. The rugby tournament had officially concluded the day before on Saturday.

Dombroski was officially reported missing on March 18, which prompted an extensive search that ended in the discovery of his body at the bottom of Fort Prospect, which was located relatively close to where the rugby tournament was held. 

With closed-circuit camera footage, police also confirmed he was last seen walking alone, and did not travel too far from where his body was discovered.

Students remembered Dombrowski in a prayer service held by the university's chaplain this Monday. 

A statement from St. Joseph's University soon followed up on the confirmation of Dombrowski's death on March 19. The message on behalf of Saint Joseph’s University expressed condolences after receiving confirmation from Bermuda Police Services.