Assault:

Oct. 1: At 8 p.m., a 43-year-old affiliated woman  attempted to break up a fight after the suspect attacked an unknown man at the Penn Rehabilitation Center on 3609 Chestnut St. When she intervened, the woman was verbally threatened by the suspect.

Stalking:

Oct. 1: Confidential.

Harassment:

Oct. 2: At 9  p.m., a complainant at 3160 Chestnut St. reported receiving harassing emails and Facebook messages from an unknown person.

Oct. 6: At 10:02 a.m., an affiliated woman reported that a patient at Penn Medicine , 3737 Market St. had been harassing her via telephone.

Sex Offense:

Oct. 2: Confidential.

Fraud:

Oct. 2: At 3  p.m., an unaffiliated woman reported that an unknown person made purchases with fraudulent traveler’s checks at the Ann Taylor Loft at 120 S. 36th St.

Oct 7: At 11:32 a.m., an unaffiliated 46-year-old man was observed attempting to cash a fraudulent check at the Wells Fargo at 3431 Chestnut St. The man was arrested.

Oct 8: At 1:48 p.m., an unaffiliated 34-year-old woman reported an unknown person sold her two Visa gift cards at a rate below the sticker price on the sidewalk at 4000 Walnut St. The complainant discovered the cards had no cash value.

Robbery:

Oct. 3: At 11:53 p.m., an affiliated 19-year-old woman had her phone stolen out of her hand on the 3900 block of Spruce St. The suspect, a juvenile, was arrested nearby and identified as the thief by the victim.

DUI:

Oct 5: At 7:56 a.m., an unaffiliated 37-year-old woman was stopped after she was observed driving the wrong way down the 3300 block of Walnut St. Upon investigation the suspect was found to be under the influence and was arrested.

Oct 6: At 11:30 p.m., an unaffiliated 53-year-old man was observed driving on the sidewalk at the 3400 block of Chestnut St. Upon investigation, the driver was found to have an open container of alcohol in the car and was arrested.

Weapons:

Oct. 6: At 4  p.m., an unaffiliated 55-year-old man with  a revoked license to carry was arrested after entering the emergency room at HUP with a gun.

Excessive Noise:

Oct 7: At 10:53 p.m., an affiliated 19-year-old man received a citation after refusing to cooperate with officers responding to reports of loud music for a second time at 4033 Spruce St. 

Theft:

Theft from Building: 5

Theft from Vehicle: 1

Bike Theft: 1

Retail Theft: 1