A jury ordered former Penn economics professor Rafael Robb, who pleaded guilty to killing his wife Ellen in 2007, to pay $124.26 million in damages to his daughter — the largest contested personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania history, according to the law office representing Robb’s daughter.

“We’ve waited for this moment for eight painful, tear-filled years,” Gary Gregory, Ellen Robb’s brother, said in a press release after the verdict on Wednesday. “Finally there is justice for our beloved sister Ellen and her remarkable daughter, our niece, who can now finally feel emancipated from her father.”

The couple’s only child, Olivia Robb, sued for the wrongful death of her mother and demanded more than $50,000 in damages. She was 12 at the time of her mother’s death.

“Today in closing argument, I asked the jury to speak for the victim, Ellen Gregory Robb, because she couldn’t speak for herself anymore,” said 1978 Wharton graduate Robert Mongeluzzi, a partner at the law firm representing Olivia Robb. “They spoke loudly and clearly.”

A lawyer representing Rafael Robb could not be reached for comment Tuesday night.

“The family is grateful for the actions of the jury, and they hope to send the message to everyone that domestic violence and abuse will not be tolerated,” Mongeluzzi said.