1204013_matislyahuconcertonedayconnie09
Matislyahu Concert One Day Credit: Connie Kang , Connie Kang

For the last night of Hanukkah, Penn Hillel teamed up with more than 40 student groups to organize and host One Day, a campus-wide celebration of Jewish identity.

At Hillel, the festivities began around noon, with a lyric-writing class with group Shira Chadasha followed by a range of other workshops, cooking classes, film screenings and social events throughout the day.

Related: Hanukkah at Penn: candles, contests and celebrations

Beside the dozens of participating campus organizations, the Greek community got involved as well. The brothers of Zeta Beta Tau hosted a dreidel tournament at their chapter house, and later in the evening sorority Delta Delta Delta held their own Hanukkah party in the Radian.

One Day culminated last night in a concert by the American Jewish reggae artist Matisyahu, presented by Hillel, at The Blockley venue and bar on 38th and Chestnut streets.

Related: Penn community gathers for a ceremonial menorah lighting

Tickets were made available as early as September, with a special discount for Penn students. One ticket option offered a limited number of students a chance to attend a meet-and-greet with the singer after his show.

A previous version of this story incorrectly identified Zeta Beta Tau. It also incorrectly stated the location of The Blockley at 36th and Chestnut streets. It is located at 38th and Chestnut.