The boutique consignment shop Greene Street, the newest store to hit Penn’s retail scene, is bringing a new spin to sustainability on campus.

Greene Street will open today at 3734 Spruce St., where Dolbey’s Bookstore used to be before it closed last March.

“Our mission is to promote recycling in the most beautiful way possible,” the store’s owner Lynne Mastrilli said. “We want to present consignment in the most beautiful way we can and remind people that it’s the right thing to do.”

Though it is a used clothing store, Greene Street is committed to high standards. They will only accept clothes that are in excellent condition and are not more than two years old in terms of style.

“We try to keep the items up-to-date in fashion trends,” manager Kelly Vignola added. “With the amount of brands we have, everyone can come in and find something that fits their fashion personality.”

The store is also committed to making sure they have something for everyone.

“We aren’t just high-end. We’re Gap to Gucci,” said Casey Drucquer, Greene Street’s head of marketing.

The University believes Greene Street will be a welcomed addition to campus.

“There’s a different class of consignment stores that have become prevalent in the marketplace,” said Ed Datz, executive director of real estate at Penn’s Facilities and Real Estate Services. “We felt that the University community would really embrace this trend.”

To start a consignment, one must bring in at least 10 items of clothing. Greene Street will offer a 40 percent commission on the clothes it accepts.

“It’s a great way to make money as a student,” Drucquer said.

Greene Street’s opening in University City will be the store’s ninth location. Their other stores are located in other parts of Philadelphia and New Jersey, and they will be opening in SoHo, New York, at the end of March.

Mastrilli and her employees are excited about opening in University City.

“There are students, faculty, tourists and parents [here],” she said. “There’s something about the perfect storm of everything about the college experience that works well with our business.”

This has proven to be true for Greene Street’s location in Princeton, N.J., which attracts many students from Princeton University.

“Our goal is to beat our Princeton store,” Mastrilli said.

Mastrilli and her staff hope that Penn students will be receptive to the new location on campus.

“We have something for everyone, [but] it’s a new concept,” she added. “Ultimately, students will be the judge.”

Students already seem eager to try out the new spot.

“I think it could be cool because people here are really into fashion,” College freshman Kati Holland said. “It’s an easy way to revamp your wardrobe and get rid of stuff you don’t want.”

College freshman Brittany Bolden added, “I think it’s a great idea … I’d definitely check it out.”