Finding a relationship at Penn may get a little easier, thanks to a college dating website called DateMySchool.

The website, founded by Columbia Business School classmates Balazs Alexa and Jean Meyer, will officially launch at Penn later this month.

DateMySchool is “anonymous, safe, exclusive and free” and “uses current technology to safely and easily connect college and university students and alumni with each other,” spokeswoman Melanie Wallner said.

The website can be used not only to look for relationships but also to make friends and contacts.

Access to DateMySchool is limited only to students and alumni with active university email accounts. The site also allows users to set up specific security blocks — by major, geographic area and interests — to filter who can access their profiles.

“If a Wharton student only wanted to connect with Penn Law students, one click makes this all possible,” Wallner said.

More than 20 percent of Columbia University students are registered for the site, which launched first at the school in November, and 30,000 students nationwide have an account.

By mid-August, the site will serve 350 colleges and allow access to five million students and alumni.

“It seems like it will do a decent job of connecting those people who just can’t seem to find one another because of the size of the school as well as schedules,” rising Wharton sophomore Collin Cousar, who created an account on the site, said.

Others, however were not so optimistic about the fate of DateMySchool.

“Penn students may feel self-conscious about using it” and therefore not take full advantage of the site, rising College sophomore Chris Noble said.

Rising College sophomore Dudley Charles said that the website would not catch on simply because of the Penn dating mentality. “The culture at Penn is such that people don’t date.” He said that there are other places to meet people, like “frat parties and bars. The Greek scene also allows for a lot of intermingling.”