*This story appeared in the 2011 Joke Issue.

The drunken adventures of Spring Fling may reach a whole new level.

Students over the age of 21 will now be able to purchase wristbands from the Social Planning and Events Committee that will allow them to bring alcoholic beverages into the Quad and various sections of Franklin Field for the concert.

Those with valid photo IDs can purchase two wristbands each. SPEC will begin selling wristbands today at its tent at 36th and Locust streets.

SPEC has been pushing for this policy with the Vice Provost for University Life for the past few years, Wharton senior and SPEC President Adam Thompson said.

“VPUL finally realized that Penn is a social Ivy,” he said.

Students with wristbands will be permitted to bring bottles into the Quad. Penn Police, AlliedBarton guards and administrative staff will be posted around the Quad to enforce the wristband policy.

Fling staff have also designated two sections of Franklin Field — EA and EF — that will be “alcohol-friendly,” SPEC Concerts co-director and College junior Shana Rusonis said.

College junior Warren Piece, who already purchased a floor pass for the concert, hopes to trade his ticket for a seat in sections EA or EF.

“I can’t wait to be getting down [that] Friday,” he said.

In addition existing online ticket exchange, students will be able to swap their tickets starting today on Locust Walk.

Students’ response to the new policy has been extremely positive. A College freshman and sorority member — who wished to remain anonymous because she is underage — said she is relieved.

“My lineage and I were planning to sneak alcohol into my room, and it was really stressing me out.Now, I’m so glad my big can just buy me a wristband, and I’ll be able to rage,” she said.

Wristbands will cost $10, Thompson said. Plans to use Bursar as a payment method are in the works.

“We could possibly make a fortune from this. My management team and I need to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the producer surplus in the long-run equilibrium. Good thing I go to Wharton,” he said.