After its first home loss of the season, Penn women’s tennis has the rare opportunity to rebound alongside its male counterpart, when they both play Stony Brook at Levy Pavilion.

“It should be an exciting match since guys and girls will be playing,” sophomore Jules Rodin said. “Hopefully we will bring out the best in each other.”

Saturday will also mark the fourth match of the women’s current six-match homestand, the longest of their season.

But last Sunday against Richmond, the home court didn’t provide enough of an advantage for the Red and Blue.

Penn (4-3) seemed to lack energy and focus in the loss to Richmond (3-3), as the majority of the girls fell behind early and had to play catchup.

In her address to the team after the loss, coach Sanela Kunovac turned the team’s attention toward Stony Brook,

“Now we know what to work on, so no despair, no looking back,” she added.

And Saturday, there’s no looking back.

Before Stony Brook comes to Levy Pavilion, it will first take on St. Joe’s Friday evening.

The Seawolves have won three out of their last four matches, and are fresh off a 6-1 drubbing of Connecticut. Stony Brook dominated the Huskies, only dropping one total set in singles play.

Without a true No. 1 singles player, the Seawolves have been inconsistent at the top of the singles ladder.

The Quakers, however, do have a legitimate No. 1.

This past week, freshman Connie Hsu dropped a spot to No. 15 in the country after she picked up her 30th career singles victory in Penn’s 4-3 loss to Richmond last Sunday.

“Connie’s always been steady,” Kunovac said. She remains one of only three Ivy players to be ranked nationally.