View Crime map: April 10-16 in a larger map
Assault

April 14 — Karlius McCord, 42, unaffiliated with the University and of the 5500 block of Greenway Avenue, was arrested at about 10 p.m. for allegedly striking a female unaffiliated with the University, 23, with a soda bottle at Fresh Grocer, located at 4001 Walnut St.

April 11 — Ehab Smith, 24, unaffiliated with the University and of the 800 block of N. Preston Street, was arrested at about 8 p.m. for allegedly assaulting a security officer at the Hospital of the Univerity of Pennsylvania.

April 10 — A male unaffiliated with the University, 19, reported at about 12:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect approached him from behind, struck him in the eye, then fled in an unknown direction on the 3400 block of Locust Street.

Robbery

April 12 — Jahleal Farmer, 18, unaffiliated with the University and of the 4900 block of Walnut Street, was arrested at 8:30 p.m. for allegedly forcibly taking the bicycle of a male unaffiliated with the University, 27, on the 3400 block of Walnut Street.

April 10 — A female unaffiliated with the University reported at 5 p.m. that an unknown suspect attempted to forcibly remove cash from her on the 3200 block of Chestnut Street.

Theft

April 14 — A female University employee, 32, reported at about 8:15 a.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended bag from Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.

April 13 — David Handy, 50, unaffiliated with the University and of the 1300 block of Spring Garden Street, and Randy Kinney, 24, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3100 block of Reach Street, were arrested at about 11:30 a.m. for allegedly entering a secured vehicle without permission at the Edison Building, at 3221 Walnut St.

April 13 — A female University employee, 59, reported at about 3:15 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended bag from her unsecured office at HUP.

April 13 — A female student, 24, reported at about 3:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended bag that was hanging on the back of her chair at Qdoba, at 230 S. 40th St.

April 13 — A female unaffiliated with the University, 32, reported at about 5:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended bag from David Rittenhouse Laboratory.

April 12 — A female student reported at about 12 p.m. that someone removed her unattended laptop from Meyerson Hall.

April 12 — A female student, 19, reported at about 2:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her wallet from her unattended bag that was hanging on the back of her chair at the food court located at 3409 Walnut St.

April 12 — Three females aged 14, 15 and 17 were arrested at about 7:30 p.m. for allegedly attempting to leave Urban Outfitters, located at 110 S. 36th St., without rendering payment for merchandise.

April 12 — A female student, 22, reported at about 10 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed personal items from her handbag at Saxby’s Coffee, at 240 S. 40th St.

April 12 — A female University employee, 40, reported at about 5:15 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended ring from Penn Presbyterian.

April 11 — A male University employee, 46, reported at about 9:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed his unattended bike from his porch on the 200 block of Saint Mark’s Square.

April 11 — A female unaffiliated with the University reported at about 7 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended wallet from Penn Presbyterian.

Vandalism

April 11 — An unknown suspect was reported at 1:15 a.m. to have broken a window to 7-Eleven, at 4201 Walnut St.