Wharton junior and Daily Pennsylvanian senior staff writer Kathy Wang has been elected to the position of Vice President of External Affairs by the 2011 Class Board.

The post was vacated by Wharton junior Rohan Grover in November and since then the Class Board has been searching for someone to fill this position.

Wang was chosen because she had experience through Wharton Women in contacting businesses, and the Class Board felt that she matched with its dynamic, according to 2011 Class Board President and College junior Adam Behrens.

“We thought she would be great for the position in not just fulfilling it’s duty, but also the added duty of being part of the community in general,” he said.

The tasks of the position include coordinating corporate sponsorships and external funding from local businesses for Junior Class Board events, according to Wang.

“I would like to increase student interest in what the 2011 Class Board is doing and to build up more unity among the juniors,” Wang said.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to make students realize that the Class Board is here for them and be a part of the organization that can improve the lives of students at Penn,” she added.