College undergraduate Cyrus Shepherd-Oppenheim, 22, was arrested Tuesday morning at Philadelphia International Airport for allegedly stealing other passengers’ personal belongings, according to Lieutenant Frank Vanore, a spokesman for the Philadelphia Police Department.

The alleged crime occurred during an United Airlines overnight flight from San Francisco to Philadelphia.

After attendants asked that all carry-on luggage be stowed for landing, two passengers reported that personal items, including money, a digital camera, paperwork and “travel folders” were missing, Vanore said.

Other passengers then noted that they had seen Shepherd-Oppenheim removing items from those bags while the owners were asleep.

The items were later found in the airplane’s restroom.

Upon landing, police were called to the airport gate, and Shepherd-Oppenheim was taken into custody at an airport holding area. He was later moved to the 55th and Pine police station for processing and fingerprinting.

As of press time, Shepherd-Oppenheim was in police custody and awaiting a court date for a hearing for the charge of theft by unlawful taking and receiving of stolen property.

Ron Ozio, director of media relations for the University, confirmed that Shepherd-Oppenheim is enrolled at Penn, but was unable to provide further details of his status as a student for “privacy reasons.”

Shepherd-Oppenheim is the son of actress Cybill Shepherd.

Shepherd appeared in the 1976 movie Taxi Driver, and made a recent cameo in the television series Criminal Minds. She had her own television show from 1995 to 1998, titled Cybill.

Shepherd-Oppenheim and Shepherd’s press agent could not be reached for comment by press time.