Alumni flooded campus for Homecoming this weekend, and the annual event was particularly sweet for the brothers of Zeta Beta Tau.

The Theta Chapter of ZBT celebrated its 100th anniversary this weekend and honored Trustee Emeritus and '45 alumnus Leonard Malmud for his service to the fraternity. Approximately 145 brothers gathered with their families on Saturday at a pre-game brunch at the ZBT house to mark the occasion.

Malmud, who will celebrate his 85th birthday on Nov. 6, has served as chairman of the Theta Trustees, vice president of ZBT national and director of the fraternity's Scholarship Foundation.

ZBT National's recognition of Malmud in 2007 was the impetus for organizing this reunion, said reunion chairman John Levy, a '77 alumnus. Levy noted the countless hours Malmud has devoted to the betterment of the ZBT organization and members.

Even with his recent accolades and the high praises of his ZBT brothers, Malmud remains humble.

"As I worked through the years I never recognized the contribution I may [have been] making," he said. He added that he ran the fraternity like a "businessman" but was never seeking recognition.

Other brothers like Levy and '74 alumnus David Brewer have devoted their time to ZBT. Brewer - an architect who frequently works to improve the fraternity's building - explained that the house is one of the few on campus that was designed for a fraternity.

Built in 1929, the ZBT house has seen the brothers through traditional Halloween parties, a fire set by an arsonist in 1972 and an expulsion in 2004 for hazing-related incidents.

Since returning to campus in 2006, Brewer has been working summers to fix up the house.

"The chapter has had a couple of setbacks but has mostly been a highly successful entity of campus," said Malmud. He was proud of the leadership contributions ZBT brothers have made on and off campus, before and after graduation.

The weekend culminated in a banquet at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, where Malmud officially accepted his award. Entertainment was provided by The Glee Club and Mask and Wig, and the night concluded with a singing of "The Red and the Blue."