Several Harnwell College House residents returning to school from Thanksgiving break discovered that their rooms had been burglarized, police officials said yesterday.

Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker said that six thefts have been reported thus far, but that more are being processed as more students contact police.

Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush also confirmed that at least three burglaries had taken place, saying that officials expected "several" more to be reported as detectives continue their investigation over the next few days.

Rush also said that none of the doors showed any sign of forced entry.

The stolen items mainly consisted of electronic goods like Playstations, Xboxes, iPods and DVDs.

Harnwell House Dean Suhnne Ahn informed residents in an e-mail yesterday that police suspect the thief went through the building checking for unlocked doors.

Ahn urged students to always lock their doors and to be vigilant about suspicious activity.

"Stuff's been stolen, folks, and we shouldn't continue to be easy prey," she wrote in the e-mail. "If our crook is even more devious than going into unlocked rooms, then we may indeed have a larger problem on our hands, but at the very least, let's minimize this burglar's loot."

Contacted yesterday, Ahn refused to comment further about the thefts because she wanted to protect the privacy of Harnwell residents.

Rush also would not provide more details about the burglaries because the investigation is still in its initial stages. She did say, however, that officials believe the suspect was someone with access to Harnwell and that police currently have no leads or suspects.

College sophomore Frank Chinga, whose room was broken into, said his roommate accidentally left their room open when he left for break. His DVDs, CDs, and iPhone were stolen.

"We're always carrying our keys with us, now so we have a reason to lock our door," Chinga said.

College sophomore Holly Greenwald also said her behavior has been affected by the thefts, though she added that she still feels safe in Harnwell.

"I actually leave my door unlocked more than I should, but I'll definitely be locking it more now because of the thefts," Greenwald said.