A male freshman was injured at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house over the weekend and is currently undergoing medical treatment at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

After the injury, which occurred late Friday night, the student was taken by Philadelphia Fire and Rescue to HUP early Saturday morning, Division of Public Safety officials said.

Officials at HUP said the student is in "stable condition."

The Office of Student Conduct and the Pi Kappa Phi National Fraternity are currently investigating the incident.

No criminal charges have been filed in response to the incident, DPS spokeswoman Karima Zedan wrote in an e-mail.

Scott Reikofski , director of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs, and College junior Adam Janicki, president of Pi Kappa Phi, refused to reveal any further details about the incident until officials complete the investigation.

Once the "investigation is complete, the results will be turned over to the Office of Fraternity Sorority Affairs and appropriate action will be determined," Reikofski wrote in an e-mail.

OFSA plans to complete the investigation by the end of the semester, said Wharton junior Austin Pena, who serves as president of the InterFraternity Council.

"If they believe that this kind of aggressive action was something condoned by the organization, the frat will be punished as a group," Pena said. "If this was an action of a few individuals, then the frat may not be held accountable."

A similar incident happened at Pi Kappa Phi in the fall semester, when a girl fell down some stairs at a registered party and suffered injuries, Pena said.

Although the University investigated the previous incident, officials, including OFSA and the OSC, determined that the fraternity was not at fault and had not broken any rules, Reikofski said.

Members of Pi Kappa Phi refused to comment on the matter.