24dqbg9u
The outside of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania was the site of an incident in which a man allegedly spat at and punched a security guard when asked to leave for trespassing.

A 33-year-old male, unaffiliated with the University, was robbed at gunpoint on the 4000 block of Market Street Friday night, Lt. John Walker of the Philadelphia Police said.

The complainant was walking alone when he was approached by three males who allegedly demanded money at about 11:30 p.m. One of the men was allegedly carrying a gun.

The men took $7 from the complainant and then fled.

Lavar King, 29, of the 1100 block of N. Union Street, was arrested in connection with the incident.

He was apprehended by the Penn Police in the 4000 block of Market Street.

The Philadelphia Police currently have no information or leads regarding the other two males.

King has not been connected to any other crimes. He is facing charges of robbery, aggravated assault and other related offenses.

The incident is the fourth robbery to occur in the Penn Police patrol zone, which extends from 30th to 43rd streets and from Baltimore Avenue to Market Street, since March 9.

None of the complainants was affiliated with the University. Arrests have been made in two of the other three cases.

In a separate incident, a male security guard was allegedly assaulted at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, located at 3400 Spruce St., at about 11 a.m. Thursday.

Stephen McKlean, 30, of the 900 block of S. 25th Street, was arrested in connection with the incident.

When McKlean was asked to leave the hospital because he was trespassing, he allegedly spit in the security officer's face and punched him.

McKlean was then arrested by the Penn Police. He did not try to flee the premises.

The security guard did not suffer serious injury and did not seek medical treatment.

McKlean has not been connected to any other crimes. He is currently facing charges of simple assault and other related offenses.

The incident marks the sixth attack on a security guard or police officer in the Penn Police patrol area in the past two months.