[Alex Small/The Daily Pennsylvanian] The Phi Kappa Sigma house was the site of an unregistered party that drew the attention of the Police.

University Police broke up an unregistered party at the Phi Kappa Sigma chapter house early Sunday morning after noise complaints were reported.

University policy requires that fraternities register all events that serve alcohol with school officials.

The incident comes on the heels of the completion of an investigation into the fraternities activities that goes back to last semester.

The Office of Student Conduct began an investigation last spring of whether the fraternity extended its new-member pledge process and of possible hazing incidents. The fraternity was not found culpable for any violations last week.

Penn Police were dispatched to the residence at 3539 Locust Walk after receiving a radio call about loud music at 1:35 a.m.

When police arrived, one fraternity member allegedly attempted to lock the door before officers could enter. The individual was referred to OSC, but there are no criminal charges against him.

According to the police report, the officers then entered the house and quickly resolved the noise issue.

This weekend's incident will be brought before the InterFraternity Council Judicial Board for review and sanction, OFSA Director Scott Reikofski said.

Phi Kappa Sigma President Max Dubin refused to comment on the incident.

"A bunch of brothers started to act a little more frantic than usual, and next thing you know, everyone was rushing for the back door," said College sophomore Dan Warsh, who was present at the party. "There was so much going on. Everyone was just screaming and trying to run away."

Penn Police Patrol Captain Joseph Fischer said that the police have not seen many serious problems at large parties this year.

In June of 1994, Phi Kappa Sigma lost its charter due to problems adhering to national standards. Violations included failing to meet academic, risk-management and community-service standards and the possession of beer kegs.

The fraternity recolonized in February 1997 and regained its charter in April 1998.