[Dave Walker/The Daily Pennsylvanian] Junior third baseman Meghan Cowen is tagged out at home plate by Harvard catcher Annie Dell'Aria during Game 2 of the Crimson's sweep of the Quakers yesterday. Cowen went a combined 1-for-6 with an RBI in the two loss

It was officially Senior Day at the Penn vs. Harvard softball doubleheader yesterday, but outfielder Kim Le took the idea to a whole new level.

In the day's two games, the senior had two RBIs and three hits. In game one, the first of Le's hits brought Jen Nichols home and put Penn's only run of the game on the board in the fourth.

Coach Leslie Moore praised Le both as a player and as a person.

"I'm really pleased with Kim Le's performance," Moore said. "To take opportunities when they come and do what she did today is just fantastic."

Unfortunately, Le's solid hitting could not stop Harvard, as the Crimson recorded victories during both games, 5-1 in the first and 7-4 in the second.

The previous day, the Quakers split with Dartmouth, as Penn won the first game, 1-0, and the Big Green won the second, 4-3.

Le, who serves as one of three captains on this year's Penn squad was proud of the team's resilience yesterday despite the losses.

"We didn't stop fighting, but it just didn't work out," she said.

Shortstop Christina Khosravi, who was a force for the Quakers defense, attributed the Crimson's sweep to the team's pitchers.

"I feel like pitching for Harvard was a little better," Khosravi said.

Khosravi gave the team a scare when she was hit in the abdomen by a pitch while at bat.

"I'm feeling okay," said Khosravi, who did not have to leave the game. "It was the shock of the pitch at first, but now I'm fine."

The Crimson (13-15, 6-2 Ivy) had a scare of their own in the top of the fifth, when Lauren Brown was injured when she collided with fellow outfielder Susie Winkeller on a fly ball.

Saturday against Dartmouth, freshman pitcher Ann Ferracane threw a complete game shutout in game 1, striking out a career-high 13. First baseman Kim May drove in the game's only run with a single in the second inning.

Game 2 was just as close. Dartmouth third baseman Jill Garcia delivered an RBI single in the final frame to give the Big Green a 4-3 win.

Moore explained that the results of the games are indicative of the unpredictability of the Ivy League.

"There is a lot of parity in this league," she said. "Anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. It's a very, very even league."

Khosravi had a slightly different opinion about the Big Green.

"We definitely should have swept Dartmouth," she said.

Along with Le, senior pitcher Kara Eyre was also recognized in a Senior Day ceremony before the yesterday's double dip.

Eyre pitched the first four innings of the first game, striking out five batters.

Le, who has been on the Quakers' roster since her freshman year, had nothing but good things to say about her time on the team.

"I enjoyed all four years," she said. "It isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed it. I love all of the girls. I don't regret a minute of it."

Penn finishes its Warren Field schedule on Wednesday afternoon against Drexel at 3 p.m., and finishes the year this weekend as it travels north to face Ivy League rivals Brown and Yale.