Medical workers assist one of three people injured in a traffic-related accident at 38th and Walnut streets. [Avi Berkowitz/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

Three people were injured in a traffic-related accident that occurred last night just north of the intersection of 38th and Walnut streets, according to University Police. According to Lieutenant John Wylie, it appeared that a cab pulled over on 38th Street, where it let out several passengers. The passengers then allegedly attempted to run across the middle of the street. Wylie said that the accident involved an ambulance that was moving northbound on 38th Street, but could not provide any other details. Two of the pedestrians crossing the street were injured. One of the people in the ambulance was injured as well. The victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Presbyterian Hospital and Hahnemann Hospital for treatment. Police froze traffic moving west on Walnut Street and north on 38th Street in order to investigate the incident. The identities of the victims and any possible affiliations with the University have not been released.