Brandi Alexander has taken only four shots this season, but has scored three times, an astounding .750 shooting percentage. In fact, all three of her shots that have been on goal have gone into the back of the net. [Mary Kinosian/DP File Photo]

Upset. Huge upset.

That will be the goal for the Penn field hockey team as it gets ready for a mid-week showdown with in-state rival Penn State.

The Red and Blue are coming off of a tough loss to Ivy League opponent Yale, 2-1, in strokes.

The Quakers had been riding high on a season long three-game winning streak until this past weekend. The loss to Yale was the second time that the team had lost in strokes this year.

Liz Lorelli has led the charge for the Quakers lately.

Lorelli has scored a goal in each of her team's last four games and the sophomore has surpassed senior Kylee Jakobowski for the team lead in goals and points.

In the game against Yale over the weekend, Lorelli scored Penn's only goal in regulation time and also was the only member of the Red and Blue to score during strokes.

But there will be no time for the Quakers to dwell on this weekend's disappointment.

Penn State comes into today's game boasting several impressive statistics.

The Nittany Lions are currently ranked sixth in the nation and ranked No. 1 in the Mid-East region.

They are coming fresh off a 3-2 upset of the top-ranked team in the nation, Old Dominion.

Penn State is also carrying a personal 12-game winning streak over the Red and Blue. That includes last year's 5-1 victory, which was led by a four goal, second-half outburst, in State College, Pa.

A pair of redshirt seniors, Heather Conroy and Timarie Legel, lead Penn State's offensive attack.

Conroy is the Nittany Lions' leading scorer, having already put home 15 goals and assisted on five more. Legel is close behind, though, having chipped in an impressive 11 goals and five assists.

Also returning for the Lions is Kelly Concini, who beat the Red and Blue for two goals in last year's contest.

Collectively, Penn State has outscored its opponents, 55-31, on the season, averaging almost 3.5 goals per game.

Freshman goalie Amanda Jacobs and the Penn defense will no doubt be put to the test.

In Penn's five victories this year, Jacobs and the defense are allowing only 1.4 goals per game. But in their nine losses the Red and Blue are allowing over a goal more per game (2.7).

Lorelli, who also scored Penn's lone goal against Penn State in last year's loss, will need some help on offense tomorrow if the Quakers want to entertain any ideas of a shocking upset.

But with a losing season already assured and a league title long ago out of reach, the Quakers will be able to play a care-free, upset-minded style of game in hopes of ending the Nittany Lions recent dominance of the series.