Penn senior wrestler Rick Springman picked up his 100th collegiate win when he defeated Harvard's P.J. Jones in a technical fall on Friday. [Will Burhop/DP File Photo]

In search of its seventh consecutive Ivy League title, the Penn wrestling team invaded the campuses of both Harvard and Brown last weekend.

The Quakers (7-4, 4-0 Ivy League) dominated the Crimson on Friday by a score of 27-6, and then completed their road trip by defeating Brown, 23-15.

On Friday night, Penn turned the lights off on Harvard and the Maklin Athletic Center, winning eight out of the 10 matches held.

Not only did Penn claim its third Ivy victory of the season, but senior Rick Springman gained his 100th career victory as a Penn wrestler.

Springman upended Harvard's P. J. Jones with a technical fall for his landmark victory.

"Rick Springman was awesome, winning his 100th and 101st career matches in style with a technical fall and a fall," Penn coach Roger Reina said. "He is rounding into form for the postseason."

Nationally-ranked wrestlers Yoshi Nakamura, Josh Henson, Matt Feast and Mason Lenhard also accumulated wins to add to their records on the season. Earlier in the year, Nakamura recorded his 100th victory as a member of the Quakers.

After knocking off Harvard, the Quakers marched into and Providence, R.I., and then left with a victory, although a closer one than was expected.

Springman started the match by achieving his 101st career victory, the fourth most wins of any Penn wrestler in history.

However, two matches into the competition, Brown's Nick Ciarcia tied the two teams with a narrow 2-1 victory over Penn's Mike Faust, at 197 lbs. The subpar team performance continued until three matches remained, and Penn surprisingly saw itself trailing by a score of 15-9.

However, Penn had three of its most formidable wrestlers ready to go to battle.

Wrestlers Joe Henson, ranked No. 10 at 149 pounds, Yoshi Nakamura, ranked No.2 at 157, and Josh Henson, who is No.9 at 165, led an onslaught against Brown's opposition, accomplishing two major decisions and a fall to finish the match with an eight-point win.

"Senior Joe Henson stepped up and helped close out the meet, followed by seniors Nakamura and Josh Henson," Reina said.

Despite the narrow margin of victory, Reina hopes to win more decisively when Penn faces the Bears later this season.

"When we see them again at the Eastern Championships, Our goal has to be complete domination," Reina said.

Nonetheless, a win is a win, and Penn now sits atop the Ivy League standings with a flawless 4-0 record.

Wrestler Josh Henson expressed the team's status going into the final matches of the season.

"I think we are in position to win the Ivy title," he said. "But more importantly we are setting ourselves up nicely for EIWAs and nationals."