There have been individuals on this campus who have revealed some very powerful feelings on the issue that I was called to address during our recent debate with the College Democrats. The issue of civil rights for gays and lesbians is a controversial issue , and in this brief column I hope to reveal my full opinion on this matter, more than a quote from our debate could ever reveal. But before I begin, I want to state from the outset that I have respect for homosexuals as human beings made in the image of God, though I cannot advocate their lifestyle. I also want to make clear that I am not stating the official position of the Penn College Republicans. These are my own convictions, though they are conservative. I believe in private property protection. As a result, an employer should have the right to hire those whom he feels will be most appropriate to work in his organization. In addition, no one has the right to come in and demand from him services that he does not wish to render. To impose your will through government on the employers, and to force the employer or the restaurant manager or whoever he may be to serve you is nothing less than tyranny and against all sound morality. If an employer does not wish to hire a gay or lesbian person, and does not wish to serve one, this is his right under God as an owner of his property. It is right and good to serve, but it is wrong to force someone to serve you. Speaking of God, I will also express my opinion on the morality of homosexuality. Blake Martin's column ("Homework all around us," The Daily Pennsylvanian, 4/26/01) claimed not to be about homosexuality, but to be about how we spend our time at Penn. Nonsense. The heart of this matter is homosexuality and whether it is right or wrong. Many people on this campus pride themselves in atheism, but I don't believe there is a real atheist. Proof of God is all around us. I believe that homosexuality is an immoral sin that should not be worthy of any special protection under law. I am a Christian, and do not think that the Bible is a mere book of parables by an indigenous culture, but like many Christians and Jews on this campus, I believe it to be the inspired Word of God. Leviticus 20:13 tells us, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination." Based upon this passage and many others from the Bible, I must stand strongly against homosexuality and everything it represents. Many Republicans stand with me on this. For this reason, I said what I did. I am not ashamed of saying it; I believe I am standing up for the right thing. Perhaps certain homosexuals do have an attraction to people of the same sex. Even if this is the case, I do know that to embrace this lifestyle is wrong. It is against the law of nature and nature's God. If we wish for America to prosper, we must reject these kinds of irrational lifestyles based upon the emotionalism and subjectivism that were so clearly present in the column against my comments. There are many experts willing to support my position that homosexuality is a choice, including some gays. Strange that there are some on their side making reference to the lack of rationality and intelligence behind my argument. While I cannot speak for all other Republicans in this column, I will speak for myself. My viewpoint is based on a rational observation of nature, and the people arguing against me base their position on emotions and sexual feelings. Will a pedophile defend his sinful lifestyle by appealing to his personal emotions and feelings? If emotions and animalistic feelings are what our education has turned into, it is a sad day for America. America should continue to uphold its traditional laws against sodomy. We must stand firmly upon this rock of our heritage and truth.