Angela Konstantaras and the Quakers will try to get back on track today. (Will Burhop/The Daily Pennsylvanian)

Following a setback of any consequence, we're always taught to get back on the proverbial horse. But for the Penn women's soccer team, perhaps a pony ride will be more beneficial. After suffering a devastating loss to Harvard on Saturday, which could ultimately prove fatal in the Ivy League standings, the Quakers will be back in action today. But rather than facing another chief league nemesis or another nationally-ranked team, the Red and Blue travel to the north shore of Long Island today to battle Stony Brook. "It doesn't matter who we play; we have to respect everybody," Penn coach Darren Ambrose said. "If we don't play well, any team can beat you." This is an eminently winnable game for the Quakers, but Ambrose's philosophy for this afternoon's contest is the same as it was preceding the season opener at Delaware. Before squaring off against the Blue Hens, the first-year coach prophetically cautioned that he was more concerned with Delaware than he would have been with an Ivy League opponent. Penn lost that game 2-0. But the situation is different now. Opportunities have been squandered. Tears have been shed. All on one chilly Saturday afternoon at Rhodes Field, the Quakers' perspective on the rest of their season changed. "Realistically, we don't have a choice but to rebound," senior captain Kelli Toland said. Toland also thinks it might be advantageous to play a lower-profile team like the Seawolves so Penn can get itself back on track. "It's probably good for us to step away from the Ivies, relax and get our heads into it," she said. Ambrose was satisfied with his team's effort in its two practices since the Harvard match, which included a 45-minute rain-shortened session yesterday. He's most pleased, however, by the fact that his team won't have to endure any more downtime before again taking the field for an actual match. "I'm just happy we have a game so quickly," Ambrose said. "That's the beauty of college soccer." And the Red and Blue will surely be a determined bunch. "I think everyone now feels what it's like to be stripped of your pride," senior midfielder Angela Konstantaras said immediately after the Harvard loss. Setting emotions aside, Ambrose addressed a couple of personnel and strategic issues leading into today's game. The biggest news, though not entirely unexpected, was the coach's decision to make a change at the goalkeeper position. After surrendering two goals in the 72nd minute versus the Crimson, sophomore Katherine Hunt will be lifted in favor of freshman Vanessa Scotto. The choice to start Scotto is not permanent, as Ambrose is a staunch believer in accountability from game to game. "You've got to perform to maintain a spot," he said. While Ambrose cited better possession of the ball among his top priorities, he had no complaints about his team's defense. Stony Brook, on the other hand, has had its share of problems in that department. The Seawolves have lost four of their last five games, including a 7-0 walloping to Yale in New Haven, Conn., on September 9. The Elis are the only Ivy League team that Stony Brook has faced to this point. If the Quakers are able to mesh their already suffocating defense with a very capable offense today, it could go a long way in reducing the sting that has lingered since the weekend. Penn's going to try to hop right back on the horse, even if it is a young one.