Cheyenne "Rasta Pasta" serves up a dish at Houston Market. The food court, located in the basement of the new Houston Hall, begins regular operations today. (Michael Brownlie/The Daily Pennsylvanian)

As of today, Penn students and faculty have a new place to spend their lunch hours with the long-awaited opening of the Houston Market food court on the ground floor of Houston Hall. Though the Market has been open on a limited basis since Monday, it does not officially open until today, when it begins its normal hours. The Market is the last part of Houston Hall to be completed, meaning that the entire student center is now operational. The new food court -- operated by the Bon Appetit Management company, which also runs campus dining -- is comprised of five sections, each offering a different type of cuisine. Students can use their Dining Dollars to eat at the Market. The grill area, which is called Blaze, offers fast food items such as burgers, cheesesteaks and hotdogs. Prices range from $.99 to $4.95. Next to Blaze is Ciao, the pasta and pizza eatery. Students will be able to purchase Italian entrees like lasagna, stuffed shells and baked ziti. The pizzas are cooked in a brick oven, one of the first items installed in the construction process. Prices at Ciao start a bit higher, from $1.25 to $4.95. In the middle of the Market, pushed back a bit from the eateries on either side, is Global Fusion, which features multicultural cuisine. Anything from tacos to chow mein is available, ranging between $.99 and $5.25. Salads and deli products are offered in The Wall, located directly to the right of Global Creations. The salads are tossed to order and students can make their own subs at the deli bar. Also, pre-made wraps are available. The costs at this eatery are on the higher side of the Market, ranging from $2.85 to $5.95. Finally, Pronto is located just before the entrance into the Hall of Flags. There, students can purchase a variety of bread, fruits and vegetables as grab-and-go items anywhere from $.65 to $5.95. The Market features a dining room that can seat 278, but according to Peg Lacey, managing director of campus dining, the food court can accommodate many more. "We're assuming that we are going to be able to use the Hall of Flags, which is another 315 seats," she said. It's possible that the Market will hurt business of the Moravian Cafes food court in Samson Common, but Lacey expects the new eateries may give some of the campus food trucks a run for their money as well. "Some of our prices are competitive with the food trucks," she said. "It depends on what the item is." Though the Market is the last part of Houston Hall to open, Lacey said that delays were normal for a project of this size. "It's not unusual for a renovation as massive as Houston Hall was to lag a little bit," she said. Houston Market is open Sundays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Though breakfast is not served in the Market, it is served in the Bistro, located on the first floor. The Bistro is open 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 8 a.m. to midnight Fridays and Saturdays.