Last week, the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association announced its Women All-Americans for the 1999-2000 season, and four Quakers made the cut.

Named to the first team in the Mid-Atlantic Region was junior Ursula Ahrens, who occupied the seven-seat in the first varsity boat for the majority of the season.

Meanwhile, sophomore five-seat Catherine Magee, junior six-seat Rachel Pringle, and senior two-seat Rebecca Rothman earned second-team All-American honors in the Mid-Atlantic region.

The All-Region awards recognize outstanding rowers and coxswains from the previous season.

To be eligible, the rower must meet her own institution's eligibility requirements, and must have competed in at least 75 percent of her team's races in the varsity boat.

Also, the rower's coach must be a member in good standing with the CRCA.

At the same time her teammates were recognized, senior Loren Berman was honored as one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's Academic All-Americans. Berman, whose 3.76 GPA in a Biological Basis of Behavior major was one of the best in the region, was named All-Academic Ivy League in the past week.

Each of the Red and Blue's All-Americans rowed in the first-varsity boat this past season, the highlights of which included winning the Raritan Cup over Rutgers and Cornell, and hosting the 2000 NCAA Women's Rowing Championship.