The Quakers are favored to beat Dartmouth, which faces a brutal bus journey to West Philly from New Hampshire. After winning their first Ivy League game in three years against Cornell last weekend, the Penn men's lacrosse team feels they still have a lot to prove. Tomorrow at 1 p.m. on Franklin Field, the Quakers (4-3, 1-1 Ivy League) will try to show the rest of the league that they are a team to be reckoned with, as they face Dartmouth (1-3, 0-0) -- a team Penn has lost to the past three years. Last year, when the Quakers visited the Big Green, they came back with a frustrating 21-14 loss. Dartmouth's loaded attack got unleashed in the second half, scoring 15 goals, after trailing 9-6 at the half. This year, the tides have turned. Dartmouth's second-half magic did not work against SUNY-Stony Brook last weekend as they fell, 13-10, after going into the half knotted at six. The Quakers' defense, led by junior defenders Brian Dobson and Joe Siedlecki, also showed that the times have changed by stopping a late Cornell resurgence last weekend. "I thought our defense played their best game of the year last Saturday," Penn coach Marc Van Arsdale said. "It was not the case of one individual stepping forward and shutting somebody down, but it was a collective team effort. I think it is going to be the same thing again this Saturday." One thing that has not changed for Dartmouth is its talented attack. Heading up its attack are high school teammates Scott Hapgood and Brian Merritt, both seniors. Each have been named second team All-Ivy and honorable mention All-American, Hapgood in 1996 and Merritt in 1995. Hapgood, a first team All-Ivy defensive end in football, also led the country with four goals per game last season. As it learned at the Cornell game, communication is a necessity for Penn's defense. Organized with more efficient slide packages, the Quakers' defenders will try confuse Hapgood and Merritt and try to deny them the ball. In making up for last year's blown opportunity, Siedlecki feels the Quakers will have to stop Dartmouth's set plays and fastbreaks. "This year we have our heads on our shoulders -- we know exactly what we are supposed to do and when we are supposed to do it," Siedlecki said. The Dartmouth defenders will also find themselves with their hands full. The Quakers' offense, led by the trio of senior captain Jon Cusson (15 goals, 28 assists), junior captain John Ward (24 goals, 5 assists) and freshman Pete Janney (20 goals and four assists) will try ignite the Quakers right from the start. "Dartmouth is probably not going to come out and play us straight up," Van Arsdale said. "They may come up with some type of gimmick defense. Whether it is playing a little more zone or shutting off someone like Jon Cusson, trying to limit his touches with the ball. If they do come at us straight up, I feel we do have an advantage." After the win against Cornell, Van Arsdale is glad they had the week off to allow the team to refocus. With offensive powers on both teams, the game should be high scoring. With the homefield advantage, the Quakers have one main luxury -- not having to travel to New Hampshire. "I talked to [Dartmouth coach Tim] Nelson earlier in the week, and he said, 'This is the worst trip in college athletics'," Van Arsdale said. "That in itself gives you a little bit of an advantage." Coming into the game, Penn finds itself in an unusual position for an Ivy League game -- favored to win. With Dartmouth's demise over the past year, the Quakers will try to show the Ancient Eight that there is another powerhouse team in the league.