Despite low attendance, the Study Abroad Fair in Houston Hall yesterday was rated a success by both students and organizers. At the two-hour program in Bodek Lounge, students had the opportunity to survey the summer, semester and year-long study abroad programs offered directly through the University. Walls decked out in posters of the various locales, video tapes of previous programs and samples of national foods available at the program tables set an atmosphere which, as Theatre Arts Lecturer James Schlatter put it, "truly gives a little taste of study abroad." The few students who attended said they were definitely interested in going abroad, but a small group of freshmen drawn in by the noise left the fair after some browsing. Fair representatives downplayed the small turnout, saying that the fair was specifically directed to a small number of students. Most students interested in study abroad have specific programs in mind and go to the Office of International Programs. Pat Martin, a study abroad advisor, said the fair was aimed at those students who would like to complete some of their studies abroad, but who want to see exactly what options are available. According to Martin, the fair was held now to enable students to "comparative shop" at as late a point as possible. Because most study abroad program applications are due in February and March, Martin said yesterday was a time when students could begin to concentrate on plans for next fall and still reach a decision before the deadlines. "Those that do come here have yet to make up their minds," said Nicholas Patruno, director of a summer program in Italy sponsored by Bryn Mawr College and the University. "This is not a clear indication of the interest in study abroad," Associate Religious Studies Professor Guy Welbon said. "The grapevine is very good."