He may not be sinking baskets at the Palestra anymore, but Senator Bill Bradley will try to score some points with University students this semester. The former Princeton University basketball star and Rhodes scholar will visit the University in March as part of the Student Committee on Education's weeklong look at higher education. Bradley, who ran for the Democratic bid for president in 1988, has been a long-time advocate for higher education issues, according to Education Week Committee Chairperson Liz Rabii. "We wanted to get a speaker people would know," Rabii said. "One of Bradley's pet projects is education." Bradley is scheduled to speak on the afternoon of Monday, March 30, but Rabii said the time and location have not yet been finalized. Rabii said the New Jersey senator will speak about the role of education in American economic competitiveness with Japan and Europe. Rabii said yesterday that she hopes to attract at least 500 students to Bradley's speech. Bradley's scheduled appearance is a major coup for SCUE, a group comprised of several dozen undergraduate student activists. "We want to make students more aware of educational issues," Education Week Committee Co-Chairperson Steven Jamison said yesterday, adding that he too would like to give as many people as possible the opportunity to see Bradley. SCUE, which represents student's academic concerns to University administrators and faculty, has in the past been credited with helping to create the Freshman Seminar Program, increasing the number of undergraduate chairs, and pushing for changes in faculty evaluation forms. Rabii, a Wharton junior, said that education week, which runs from Monday, March 30 to Thursday, April 3, will be accompanied by Take-a-Professor-to-Lunch Week and a Course Majors Fair, where students will be able to learn about various majors and educational opportunities. Students will be able to meet the deans of the various undergraduate schools on Tuesday of Education Week. On Wednesday, Leon Botstein, the president of Bard College in New York, will head a panel of experts on multi-cultural education. Rabii said she plans to recruit University faculty to sit on the panel as well. Finally, on Friday, national Deputy Assistant Secretary for Higher Education John Childers will speak about the financial aspects of higher education.