They certainly shouldn't call the proposed complex to be built on the Walnut Street parking lot between 36th and 37th streets a "student center." According to Annenberg Graduate Student Pamela Ingelsby, who sits on the Campus Center Building Committee, "Anything that costs money has been cut out of the plan." After targeting a measly $30 million for the planned center to begin with, the administration has continually played Scrooge to the students' well-documented needs for more office and performing arts space. Building plans are already behind schedule and the administration's commitment to build a place that will truly serve as the center of student life on campus is increasingly in doubt. In the latest plan being bandied about, two elements are missing from previous proposals -- a computer lab and a library reserve room. Already the Rosengarten reserve and computer rooms in Van Pelt are over-crowded. And demand is sure to increase in the future for such facilities. With the University's $1 billion capital campaign six months ahead of schedule, it seems like the campus center would be a great magnet for even more contributions. What is stopping the Development Office? Perhaps big donors are turned off by the administration's decision to name the planned building after a cosmetics company. After all, why would University Trustee Leonard Lauder want to help build the Revlon center? For whatever reasons, the University seems to be committed to investing its money where its heart truly lies -- in research -- at the expense of students. No news there.