If University students who graduated this weekend expected to endure long-winded and tedious commencement addresses they were probably disappointed, as several keynote speakers were cut short and one did not show at all. At the College Commencement ceremony a capacity crowd listened intently to Senator Joseph Biden (D-Del.) -- for ten minutes. Biden began his address by explaining to the audience that he was instructed to be "four-minutes long and inspiring," so the audience actually got more than they bargained for. Biden's speaking time was restricted so that leading faculty members could present diplomas to 1500 graduating seniors individually and finish in a reasonable amount of time. The senator told the graduates that it was time to enter the real world and he encouraged them to carry their idealism outside of academia. Gray explained to the graduates that as lawyers they are entrusted with great power and must be careful to use it wisely and justly. "[The graduates] have achieved power by selecting the law," Gray said. "Power to help the poor and a responsibility to improve public policy." Gray urged the graduates to consider all aspects of the legal system and reminded them of the "great philosopher" John Lennon who said, "life is what happens when you are making other plans." The audience was entranced by Gray's eloquence and afterwards lauded his speech. Law School graduate Andrew Cooper said that the speech was inspiring and effective in motivating him to enter the legal profession enthusiastically. The Medical School commencement was held at Irvine Auditorium and featured former Surgeon General and University professor emeritus C. Everett Koop, who focused his address on the Hippocratic Oath. Koop told the physicians that the traditional oath has been "watered down" and urged them physicians to remember the clause that requires them to, "above all, do no harm." Koop also told them of the difficulties they will face, as society continually re-evaluates its morals. "We have entered an era where economics control our ethics and not the other way around," Koop said. The Wharton Graduate Division had scheduled Deputy Prime Minister of Poland Leszek Balcerowicz to speak, but he was unable to attend due to a meeting of Parliament in his country. In Balcerowicz's place, Sir William Ryrie, the executive vice president of the World Bank's International Finance Corporation, addressed the graduates.