And while Operation Homefront members plan on remaining active until American troops return from the Gulf, members of Penn for Peace say they intend to widen their group's focus to include social issues as well. College sophomore Chris Travis, a member of Penn for Peace, said the group is "trying to stay fairly active," adding that several objectives remain. He stressed that although a key part of the Penn for Peace agenda was "to stop the war," the group ultimately wants to see complete withdrawal of American forces from the Persian Gulf region. Once that happens, he said, Penn for Peace will push the U.S. government to redirect funds currently spent on defense to social problems like education, healthcare and homelessness. "We will be working to bring the troops home and to reallocate money for domestic issues, which we feel still needs to be done," he said. Meanwhile, Penn for Peace organizers plan to hold a teach-in March 22 in Bodek Lounge to discuss the consequences of war, according to group member and College sophomore Desha Bell. Wharton junior David Gross, an organizer of Operation Homefront, said that since the end of the war, his group has decreased its activity. But, like Penn for Peace members, he stressed his group's work is not finished. "We've pretty much discontinued selling flags and buttons," he said. "But we're still involved in support for the troops and their families. And we're still doing a letter-writing campaign, because the majority of the troops are still there." Gross said Operation Homefront will sponsor a blood drive March 28 to help replenish the local blood supply which is very low due to the large amounts of blood which the Red Cross sent to the Persian Gulf. "It's great that [the war is] over," Gross said. "It ended so quickly that we didn't have time to think about what we would do [after the war]." But, although the groups will continue to function, both Operation Homefront and Penn for Peace organizers said fewer students are lending their time and energy. Gross said Operation Homefront had received over 350 student signatures on sign-up sheets, but the core of the group consists of about 50 students. Penn for Peace, which began when a group of students opposed to the war organized themselves last semester, included nearly 200 members at the height of the war, Travis said. Now Penn for Peace consists of "30 very committed individuals," he said. "Our group is smaller, but I think that's good because right now we represent students who are very determined and very committed," Travis said. "We have a really supportive group of people who are really concerned about change." Travis said the downscaled Penn for Peace will "demonstrate a lot less" and will sponsor "lower-key events" such as teach-ins and discussion groups. "We won't feature so much emotion in the future," he said. Just last month, Penn for Peace members conducted a "die-in" in Rosengarten Reserve Room the night the ground war started. According to Travis, Penn for Peace will also work with other campus groups, including the Black Student League and Penn Students For Choice, to increase student awareness of important community issues.