Ivy-covered walls. Smiling students. Hardworking professors. These glimpses of campus life greeted high school seniors admitted to the Wharton School last spring as they slipped the school's new recruiting video into their VCRs. The video, which was produced last fall and winter, replaced a video which was sent to potential freshmen for the previous three years. Carrie Spann, associate director for the Wharton undergraduate division, said this year's video is superior because the last video did not emphasize student activities or the city. It was produced by Colin Campbell Communications, a firm which has produced videos for other University schools and is currently working on a project to commemorate the 250th anniversary celebrations. The company also makes recruitment videos for other universities. Approximately 700 to 1000 copies of the video were produced at a cost of "a few dollars per student," Bouldin said. The video, which runs about 15 minutes, features computer graphics, campus landmarks and students interacting with professors, with a synthesized rock soundtrack in the background. Several students and professors speak on the video, praising the school and the undergraduate experience there. One unidentified student featured in the video says Wharton is "the only business school where you can get a business education that's not just business." Wharton junior Ellen Kountz, also in the video, says that "there are strengths all over the University, but certainly Wharton students, and especially undergraduates, I think, get the best deal of all." Vice Dean for the Wharton Undergraduate Division Janice Bellace said the video shows prospective students the breadth of offerings available to a Wharton undergraduate, adding that "the Wharton structure allows students to avail themselves of the richness of the University." She said the video shows offerings outside Wharton because many potential students choose between it and liberal arts programs. Wharton freshman Robert Seminara said that although when he had "pretty much" decided to come to Wharton when he received the video last spring, the video gave him an idea of what to expect. And after two months at the University, freshmen said they agree with many of the video's claims about the school. But not all students agreed with the video's contention that "there are no typical Wharton students." "I think the school is diverse but since it is a business school most of the students have similar aims," said Wharton freshman Ian Weingarten. Wharton officials expect to use this video, like the previous one, for two to three years. But Bellace said some changes in the video sent out to next fall's potential class, would be helpful. She suggested that it include the school's new dean, Thomas Gerrity. "I personally think it would make it more timely," Bellace said. She said the video should highlight the new curriculum, which will be implemented in the fall, to give incoming freshmen a more complete view of the school. Wharton is currently working on revamping the undergraduate curriculum which would divide the program into several "environments," and would allow students to pursue more liberal arts courses. The school is also examining a possible language or culture requirement.