payscale
Graduates march down locust walk on their way to Franklin Field. Commencement occured on monday morning.

Penn bachelor degree holders are paid the 10th highest average salary in the nation, according to this year's report from the salary information company PayScale. 

The report, released on Wednesday, shows that someone with a bachelor's degree from Penn earns an early career median salary of $60,300 and a mid-career median salary of $120,000. In terms of highest paying graduate schools, the Wharton School ranks No. 8 ($122,000, $182,000) while the rest of Penn falls to No. 351 on the chart ($61,900, $101,000). 

When it comes to highest paying schools by major, Penn is ranked No. 1 in the social sciences, No. 3 in humanities and No. 5 in business. 

Yet, the report suggests that prestigious degrees do not always translate into high income. State University of New York's Maritime College topped this year's bachelor's earning chart with a early career median salary of $65,200 and a mid-career median of $134,000. For graduate degrees, Emory University School of Law is valued the most with salaries of $72,700 and $201,000.

Among the Ivy League, only Harvard and Princeton graduates are paid more than Penn's, and the next Ivy on the list, Dartmouth College, ranks at 26. Brown ranks at 35, while Columbia and Yale tie at rank 46. 

In general, Penn graduates are paid more than they were in the past. In the 2013-2014 chart, Penn's bachelor's degree only ranked as the 27th highest paying one. 

The report also shows that STEM degree students are paid the highest on average, and advanced degrees in STEM can help raise the mid-career median pay above $100,000.