The Penn men’s lacrosse team’s slim Ivy League playoff hopes came to an end Saturday in Hanover, N.H., as they lost to Dartmouth, 7-6.

Penn (3-9, 1-5 Ivy) trailed, 5-1, late in the third quarter and was down, 7-4, with four minutes left in the game.

Seniors Anthony Adler and John Conneely both scored to get Penn within one with 1:16 remaining, but the Quakers’ comeback effort fell short.

Following Conneely’s goal, the Quakers won the faceoff, but sophomore Drew Belinsky’s shot was stopped by Dartmouth goalie Fergus Campbell.

Penn recovered the ball but turned it over, and the Big Green were able to run out the clock.

The Red and Blue could not overcome Dartmouth (3-8, 1-4) despite outshooting their opponent, 35-25.

Conneely and junior Tim Schwalje both finished with two goals apiece. Schwalje added two assists for a team-leading four points.

Campbell had nine saves on the day, while Penn’s sophomore goalie Brian Feeney had seven.

With the loss, Penn ends its Ivy season and is officially out of the race for the four-team Ivy playoff.

The Quakers have one game remaining this year. They will take on No. 5 Virginia Friday in Denver, Colo., as part of the Mile High Classic.