Hemo's food truck to move into storefront this summer

· May 12, 2011, 7:39 pm   ·  Updated May 12, 2011, 12:00 am

Share This

Hemo's food carts — located along Spruce Street and along 38th Street — will move into a storefront and expand its menu options this summer.

Hemo's will soon have more than just two food trucks to serve customers. The vendor will have a storefront location open for business when students return from summer, according to owner Hemo Abdulaziz.

Currently, food trucks are located along 38th Street between Walnut Street and Locust Walk, and in front of Upper Quadrangle Gate on Spruce Street between 37th and 36th streets.

Abdulaziz has been serving his sandwiches on campus for 14 years, and his cousin does the same at a cart on Drexel’s campus. He hopes to diversify his menu in his new space — which Abdulaziz said will be close to campus, though he did not disclose its exact location. He added that the restaurant will deliver.

College freshman Matthew Feldman, who frequents the truck, said he is excited about the prospect of a Hemo’s storefront. “I love Hemo’s, but if the restaurant is located far away I would be prompted to take advantage of the delivery option,” he said.

“I hope to expand the menu options at my storefront,” Abdulaziz said, adding that “it’s time for me to make this move that everyone seems to want.”

Abdulaziz is open to student feedback on new menu items for the storefront location, including smoothies, schwarma and gyros.