The Daily Pennsylvanian asked Ola Abinusawa of Penn men’s track and field 15 questions about his time with the team, his experience at Penn, and his life overall. Here's what the sophomore had to say.
1. Can you introduce yourself?
My name is Ola Abinusawa. I am a sophomore at Penn. I am on the track and field team, and my main events are shot put and javelin now. And I am also majoring in economics.
2. What is your favorite part of being on Penn track and field?
One of the main reasons why I signed up to come to Penn for track and field is because I felt like there was a family aspect of the team. Everyone is so close together.
3. How does it feel to be able to compete again?
It feels great. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been able to compete at an actual meet, so it feels good even though the amount of schools we are allowed to compete against is limited. It just feels good to be able to start throwing again.
4. What professional athlete do you look up to?
Maybe Kobe Bryant. Mainly because of his tenacity.
5. What’s something that nobody knows about you?
When I was younger, I accidentally broke 10 mannequins at once.
6. What has been your favorite class at Penn?
Right now, I’m enjoying my STAT class, mainly because it’s easy and I understand the topics pretty well.
7. Who is your favorite music artist?
8. Outside of track and field, what are some of your hobbies?
I like watching TV and eating food. I am a big fan of eating food. My favorite food would probably be mac and cheese. Keep it nice and simple. And I enjoy napping as well.
9. Favorite place you have visited?
Summer after my sophomore year of high school, I went to China, and that’s probably my favorite place I’ve gone to.
10. What are your three favorite TV shows?
"Atlanta," "The 100," and "WandaVision."
11. Dogs or Cats?
Definitely dogs, by far.
12. Craziest thing you’ve eaten?
When I was in China, someone offered me candy with bugs in it, and I just went for it because YOLO.
13. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Probably getting into Penn. It’s the summation of all my academic and athletic achievements.
14. If a genie could grant you a wish, what would it be?
Infinite supply of strawberry Nesquik from Wawa and solve world hunger.
15. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Ability to fly.
All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.