The Best Way to Reach Penn
Readership • Publications • Submission • Policies • Publishing Calendar • Special Issues • Print Ads Digital Media • Social Media • Marketing Services • Front Page Ads • Free-Standing Inserts • Rack Box Posters
Advertise with The Daily Pennsylvanian
We are The Daily Pennsylvanian, the independent student media organization for the University of Pennsylvania. When our readers open “the DP,” they open a world of campus and city news, feature stories, sports, commentary, advertising, and much more. Whether in our newspaper, our weekly magazine, our special issues, or our websites, The Daily Pennsylvanian is the first read for the Penn community.The Daily Pennsylvanian thrives as a community newspaper because we remain relevant to our audience of devoted readers. And for our advertisers, that’s why we are a proven and effective way — and still the best way — to reach Penn. We offer multiple media in print, online, social media and out-of-home that reach different segments of the Penn market, from students to faculty/staff to parents and alumni, allowing you to choose the media mix that best suits your advertising needs.
The Penn Market
Students Male FemaleUndergraduate 5,535 6,053Graduate 6,032 7,256Total 11,567 13,309Total Students 24,876
- The Daily Pennsylvanian and 34th Street print editions are published every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings when Penn classes are in session, 96 days each year.
- 6,000 copies are distributed free at 90+ campus-area high-traffic locations such as dorms, dining halls, libraries, classrooms, and administrative buildings.
- In addition to Penn undergrads, our readership includes a large portion of the 18,000 employees and 13,000 graduate students of the University of Pennsylvania.
About DP Readers
- More than 73% of Penn undergraduates read a print edition of The Daily Pennsylvanian at least once a week.
- 91% of DP readers view content on The DP’s websites at least once a week.
- DP readers travel to Center City more than 150,000 times per month.
- Every year, DP undergraduate readers spend nearly $2 million on entertainment, $1.6 million on clothing, and more than $650,000 on salon services.
- Penn undergraduates’ monthly discretionary spending is $190 — totaling $17.5 million per year.
- Nearly 18,000 Penn students live in a house or apartment off-campus.
- DP undergraduate readers spend $30 million each year eating out. They dine out more than 50,000 times per week.
- More than 62% of DP undergraduate readers named The Daily Pennsylvanian as the publication with the most useful advertising information about campus-area businesses.