Credit: AVA CRUZ

Across the nation, colleges are grappling with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, and rapidly working to announce finalized plans for the fall 2020 semester. In real time, The Daily Pennsylvanian is tracking the policy decisions of over 315 colleges across each of the 50 states. 

Latest updates: Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Georgetown University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Harvard University, Rutgers University, Transylvania College, Smith College, University of Southern California, Union College, Wellesley College, Quinnipiac University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Colby College, and Yale University. To report updates or omissions to the DP, please use this form

United States College Plans

To view colleges in a specific state or the District of Columbia, use the drop-down menu below.

While some institutions have committed to returning to in-person instruction, others have moved the entirety of their fall education online or announced hybrid policies combining modified in-person and remote instruction. Hundreds have yet to announce finalized plans and will continue to announce various changes throughout the next few weeks. 

Click each heading on the chart below for categorical organization. 

Note: The colleges represented in this list are four-year universities that primarily serve large populations of undergraduate students. Universities labeled as "Hybrid" will use a combination of online and in-person methods of instruction and campus activities, and are appropriately labeled according to the university's academic calendar dates. Those labeled as "Online" have stated that nearly all course instruction will be completed remotely. 

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.