gabby-rosenzweig-wlax

Senior attacker Gabby Rosenzweig notched three goals and five assists for Penn women's lacrosse, helping to earn herself Ivy League Offensive Player of the Week.

Credit: Alexa Cotler

Penn women’s lacrosse swept this week's Ivy League awards as senior attacker Gabby Rosenzweig and junior midfielder Abby Bosco earned Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively. Fresh off their 17-6 season-opening win over No. 19 Georgetown, the Quakers are hoping for another dominant season and to extend their streak of 13 straight NCAA Tournament appearances.

Bosco commanded the field in the Georgetown game with six ground balls and a career-high six caused turnovers. The Quakers' offense was able to thrive behind her defense, putting up 21 total points compared to Georgetown's seven.

Bosco was named second team All-Ivy in 2019, starting in all 18 games and ranked seventh on the team in goals scored with her total of 13. She had the highest number of ground balls on the team at 54 and averaged 3.0 per game, good for best in the Ivy League and 20th nationwide. The Suffern, N.Y. native has been a mainstay ever since her freshman year, where she played in all 19 of the team's games and started all but one.

Rosenzweig carried the offense against the Hoyas, picking up eight points on three goals and five assists. The veteran is approaching program records for both points and assists, only four points and seven assists away, respectively. For the third time in her college career, she was named to the Tewaaraton Award watch list last week.

The senior has had a long and successful career, coming into her final season with a collection of accolades under her belt. In 2019, she was not only nominated for the Tewaaraton, but was also named as an Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association first team All-Region player and third team All-American. She has likewise made an impact over her three years at Penn, holding the single-season records for both points (98) and assists (63).

The Quakers open their home slate this Saturday, when they face Johns Hopkins at Franklin Field hoping to build on last week's double-digit triumph.