aj-brodeur-mbb-vs-stjoes

Senior forward AJ Brodeur is awarded Ivy League and Big 5 Player of the Week after a win at Temple.

Credit: Son Nguyen

Coming off a major win against Temple, a pair of players from Penn men’s basketball swept all three of this week's Ivy League and Big 5 awards.

In his final semester at Penn, senior forward AJ Brodeur was honored as this week's Ivy League and Big 5 Player of the Week. He was joined by freshman guard Jordan Dingle, who earned Ivy League Rookie of the Week.

No stranger to the accolades, Brodeur was recognized as Player of the Week a combined seven times by the Ivy League and Big 5 last season. Brodeur was also named a unanimous first team All-Ivy selection for two years in a row and was one of two players to start all 31 games last season. As a junior, Brodeur led Penn in the overall scoring totals and had 30 steals, in addition to earning the second-most points per season of all Ivy League players.

In last Saturday's victory over Temple, Brodeur had 19 points and 14 rebounds, matching his season-high for board and marking the 28th double-double of his career. After all four Big 5 games this season, Brodeur’s numbers stand at 80 points, 48 rebounds, and 19 assists.

Freshman guard Jordan Dingle.

Last weekend, Dingle also played impressively against Temple, scoring 15 points to secure the win. Known for his much-needed second-half energy, Dingle scored 11 of his points in the final 20 minutes and has earned 139 of his 191 season points after halftime. This is Dingle’s fourth time receiving Ivy Rookie of the Week, which speaks to his value on the team and his high potential for the next three years.

Brodeur and Dingle have provided a spark for the Red and Blue's offense all season, and will look to continue their strong play as the Quakers move into their Ivy League schedule at home this weekend.