is-stat-so-dominant
Credit: Julia Schorr

In this week's edition of Is Stat So?, Penn men's basketball knocks off another power conference opponent, squash continues its recent dominance, and Karekin Brooks hits a milestone mark. Check out last week's edition here.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

The Quakers are now 4-0 to start the season, with three of these wins coming against ranked opponents. They have another nonconference weekend ahead of them before the beginning of Ivy League play in January.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

Penn exploded on offense in the first half, as the team shot 50% from three-point range in the first 20 minutes of action. Freshman Jordan Dingle scored 19 points, including three treys in the second half, which helped to seal the victory.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

Brooks broke the 1000-yard mark in Penn football's loss to Princeton on Saturday. His 1003 rushing yards led the Ivy League this season, and the senior also scored eight touchdowns on the ground in 2019.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

Freshman Michael Colaiocco won the 125-pound championship, while sophomore Doug Zapf took the crown at 141 pounds, after defeating teammate AJ Vindici. Sophomore Carmen Ferrante finished runner-up at 133 pounds.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

The Penn captain took the top spot in the 50-yard free, 100 free, and 100 fly in the weekend tri-meet against the Tigers and the Big Red. His 45.25 mark in the 100 free was a career-best time.