wbb-vs-cornell-princess-aghayere02

Senior forward Princess Aghayere led Penn women's basketball with 42 points from two games this weekend.

Credit: Izzy Crawford-Eng

Following her outstanding performance against Columbia and Cornell, senior forward Princess Aghayere earned co-Ivy League and Big 5 Player of the Week honors.

In Friday’s 79-56 win against Columbia, Aghayere scored 18 points in only 23 minutes of play, shooting 8-for-12 from the field including a perfect 3-for-3 from three-point range. Aghayere added a career-high 23 points in Saturday's 69-58 win over Cornell. She also recorded 10 rebounds in the game, good for her fourth double-double of the season.  

Across the two contests, Aghayere shot 63 percent from the floor on her way to averaging 21 points, 8.5 rebounds, one steal, and one block. 

Aghayere has been a leader for the team during her senior season. Starting all 22 games so far, she is tied for fourth on the team in three-point percentage.

This is Aghayere’s second-ever Ivy League Player of the Week honor and her first since the 2016-17 season. In her final season with the Quakers, she is averaging a career-high in points per game (11.8), rebounds per game (6.6), and minutes per game (26.0). With just five games left in the regular season, Aghayere will look to continue her strong play as the Red and Blue look to win the Ivy League and earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament.