franklin-field-summer

On Jan. 31, Penn Athletics announced that Kevin Morris had been named offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Penn football. 

"I am thrilled to add Kevin Morris to our coaching staff," coach Ray Priore said in a statement. "He is someone I have known for over 30 years, and his resume more than speaks for itself. Not only does he have experience inside the Ivy League, but he has been an innovator on the offensive side of the ball for many years.”

Morris previously worked at Monmouth, where he served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2014 -2018. The Hawks were successful over the latter part of Morris’ tenure, averaging 32 points per game over the last two seasons and finishing with an 8-3 record in 2018. 

Ivy League football isn’t uncharted territory for Morris, who worked at Yale as offensive coordinator from 2012-2013. Before that, he accumulated head coaching experience at UMass, where he worked for three years. 

“I am excited to join the University of Pennsylvania and the Penn football program headed by Ray Priore,” Morris said in a statement. "I've known Ray a long time and I am excited to help him win more Ivy League championships.”

Morris replaces John Reagan, who was hired as Maryland’s offensive line coach on Jan. 16, as Penn’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Reagan held both positions for the Quakers for the past two seasons after serving as just offensive coordinator from 2015-16. 

He inherits an offense that was seventh in the Ancient Eight in scoring last season and sixth in yards, a good margin behind League champions Princeton. The Quakers have struggled offensively since the departure of Alek Torgersen, who had professional hopes in the NFL upon graduation. A series of quarterback controversies has hurt Penn offensively, and Morris will have to decide how to best use the two quarterbacks who competed for the starting job last season, sophomore Ryan Glover and junior Nick Robinson.