9a5b6441-dffa-48e2-9f65-5ff807ea002f-original

John Reagan has served as Penn's offensive coordinator since the 2015 season, but next season he'll be on Maryland's sideline.

Credit: Carson Kahoe

On Jan. 16, Maryland hired Penn football offensive coordinator John Reagan, who will serve under Mike Locksley as offensive line coach for the Terrapins, according to footballscoop.com.

"John Reagan has been a tremendous asset to the Penn football program over his two tenures with the Quakers. We wish him and his family the best as he takes on this new challenge in the Big Ten at Maryland," coach Ray Priore said in a statement.

Hired by Penn in 2015, Reagan helped lead the Quakers to consecutive Ivy League championships in his first and second seasons. During both of those seasons, his offense featured the stellar combination of quarterback Alek Torgersen and wide receiver Justin Watson, two players who have gone on to play football professionally.

Reagan also served as the team's quarterbacks coach for his two final seasons, so competing signal-callers junior Nick Robinson and sophomore Ryan Glover will have someone new to impress next season. In total, Reagan coached 19 All-Ivy players during his four years on Priore's staff.

Prior to his time with the Red and Blue, Reagan also spent time as an offensive coordinator with Kansas in 2014 and Rice from 2011-13. He has coached on the collegiate level since 1994, including a one-year stint as Penn’s tight ends coach in 1997.