is-stat-so-dominant
Credit: Julia Schorr

In this week's edition of Is Stat So?, track and field set all kinds of records in wins over Harvard, while men's and women's basketball earned comfortable victories over non-conference opponents. 

Penn basketball players who put up 10 or more points on Saturday. Sophomore center Eleah Parker led the way with 18 for the women against Iona, and freshman forward Michael Wang paced the men with 18 against La Salle.

Pole vaulters from men's track and field to crack the top 10 in program history this weekend. Junior Sean Clarke reset his own school record by clearing 5.41 meters, while junior Nathan  Fisher (5.15m) and freshman Payton Morris (5.05m) also soared into the record books.

Events where Penn track and field swept Harvard in its dual meet on Sunday. Among the events where the Quakers captured the top three places were both the men's and women's 1000-meter run and pole vault.

Consecutive losses Penn men's basketball has suffered at the hands of Villanova, with the Quakers' last win coming in 2002. The Red and Blue's losing streak could end this Tuesday when the Wildcats visit the Palestra for a Big 5 matchup.

Three-point shooting percentage of men's basketball freshman forward Michael Wang this week. After hitting 5 of 6 attempts on Tuesday against Miami (Fla.), he added two treys at La Salle on Saturday.