fh-awards-meily

Penn field hockey senior defender Paige Meily helped anchor a defense for the Quakers that shut out opponents in six different games this season.

Credit: Varun Sudunagunta

Penn field hockey’s season may be over, but the accolades are just coming in. 

Five field hockey players were named to All-Ivy teams on Tuesday, two of which were first team selections. 

Junior forward Alexa Schneck earned a first team All-Ivy selection after leading the team in almost every offensive category. Schneck finished the season second in the conference in goals with eight and first in game winners with four. 

She was joined on the first team by senior defender Paige Meily, who scored her first career goal this season against Drexel. As a defender, much of Meily’s production came off the stat sheet, but she does deserve credit for the six shutouts the Quakers pitched this season. 

Senior Sofia Palacios was the lone Penn player named to the second team. Palacios started the season on the sideline due to injury, but started in thirteen straight games once she returned. She assisted on two goals this season.

Two Quakers made the honorable mention list: sophomore midfielder Erin Kelly and junior goalkeeper Ava Rosati. Kelly started every game, scored three goals, and assisted on two others. Rosati led the league in Ivy shutouts with four, allowing just 1.60 goals per game and saving .689 percent of shots she faced. 

The Quakers finished in third place in the Ivy League for the third year in a row, after Saturday’s loss to No. 5 Princeton