untitled-11-01

In this special edition of Is Stat So?, take a look at some of the most interesting stats from last year's men's and women's basketball teams. From star players to key team numbers, relive how the Quakers fared a season ago. 

Scoring margin for the men’s team last season, the best in the Ivy League by more than five points.

Wins in the Palestra for Penn men’s basketball. Only two other NCAA Division I programs have more home wins, Washington (990) and Butler (887).

Wins for men’s basketball last season, the most since the 2001-2002 season. Half of those wins came in Ivy League play.

Penn men’s basketball’s winning percentage in the 1970s. In that decade, the Quakers won eight Ivy titles and made a Final Four run in 1979.

Points scored last season lost by women’s basketball due to graduation, which comprised 48 percent of the team’s total points.

Points per game allowed last season by women’s basketball. That figure was the lowest in the Ivy League, but was actually a two-point increase from the previous season.

Points per game scored last season by sophomore center Eleah Parker. She led all Ivy League rookies in scoring, and was one of only two to average double-digit points.

Consecutive women’s Ivy titles won by either Penn or Princeton. The Tigers have taken home six of those nine championships, including last year’s.