WSoccer_IvyPOW_Stephens

Senior forward Sasha Stephens scored perhaps the most impressive goal of her career on Friday, curling the ball into the net off a corner.

It should come as no surprise that Sasha Stephens is racking up awards this week.

The senior forward put up goals in both of the wins earned by Penn women's soccer this weekend. As the California native led her team with 18 total shots and eight shots on goal, she won DP Sports Player of the Week. Now, it's time for the whole conference to recognize her dominance, as Stephens was named Ivy Player of the Week.

The Quakers have dominated opposing teams so far this season, outscoring them 11-2, and much of that offensive prowess has come from Stephens. The Red and Blue have relied on her for three goals, all of which were the opening goals for the team.

This past weekend, Stephens showed out against Delaware on Friday night and Navy on Sunday afternoon. In the first game, the senior scored an amazing, curved shot off a corner only four minutes into the game. The Blue Hens were shut out, and lost the game 2-0. Stephens didn't rest on her laurels, though, because on Sunday she got the Quakers started early with a score in the eighth minute. The Quakers took that goal and never looked back en route to a 4-2 victory in a shootout against the Midshipmen.

The Red and Blue are already 4-1 on the season, falling only to no. 13 NC State, and will look to keep this strong momentum into the rest of the season. If players like Stephens can continue to dazzle opponents in the opening minutes of games and win conference honors while doing it, the Quakers may have many more victories yet to come.