crimelog
Credit: Julio Sosa

Aggravated Assault:

Apr. 8: At 3:00 a.m. on the 3700 block of Spruce Street, an affiliated man was assaulted by two affiliated male suspects, both of whom were arrested.

Arson:

Apr. 12: At 10:10 a.m. in Mayer Hall, an affiliated woman reported that another student found a burned poster in the hallway in front of her room door.

Assault:

Apr. 10: At 5:45 p.m. on the 100 block of South 40th Street, an unaffiliated woman reported that someone in a group of between 5 and 8 juveniles threw a rock at her, causing a contusion after it hit the back of her head.

Apr. 10: At 10:19 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania on 3400 Spruce Street, an unaffiliated man reported being pushed from behind, causing him to fall and strike his head.

Other Assault: Confidential 

Drunkenness:

Apr. 8: At 2:42 a.m. at Allegro Pizza on 3942 Spruce Street, an affiliated 22-year-old man suspect was behaving erratically and yelling obscenities. The suspect was found to have an odor of alcohol emanating from his breath, and he stated that he was drunk. The suspect was arrested.

DUI:

Apr. 8: At 11:59 a.m. on the 200 block of South 33rd Street, police observed a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction on a one-way street. Upon direction, the unaffiliated 38-year old man drive was found to have a strong odor of alcohol, glassy eyes and slurred speech. The suspect was arrested.

Fire Incident:

Apr. 7: At 1:48 a.m. on 3700 Spruce Street, a pair of jeans were smoldering from being left on top of a lamp after being placed there with the intention of drying them with the heat of the lamp. Police responded and extinguished the fire.

Fraud:

Apr. 9: At 2:28 p.m. at the Sprint Store on 3737 Chestnut Street, an unaffiliated man reported a suspect turned in older phones and cash in exchange for new phones, but did not sign the required service contracts for the phones.

Other Offense:

Apr. 10: At 10:03 p.m. on the 3700 block of Spruce Street, a 53-year old unaffiliated man suspect was found to be banging his head on the windows of businesses, punching the air near pedestrians and causing alarm. Upon investigation, the suspect was found to have an outstanding warrant and was arrested.

Theft:

Other: 1

Building: 5

Bike: 1

Retail: 1

Vandalism:

Apr. 9: At 6:15 a.m. at 4022 Sansom Street, an unaffiliated woman reported an unknown person threw a rock at her rear door, shattering a glass window.